What Is Homeowner’s Insurance?
Homeowner’s insurance covers a private residence. It is a package policy that covers damage and losses to your house and property, as well as your legal responsibility for any injuries or property damage sustained by others while at your residence.
Our home insurance partners offer a variety of coverage options, including:
- Dwelling coverage- for structural damage to your house, as well as coverage for other non-business structures on your property in case of fire, weather, water, and other damages excluding flooding.
- Personal property insurance- against fire, theft, and loss, with limitations regarding valuable items.
- Liability protection- in the event that someone makes a claim against you for injuries or damage sustained in your home or on your property.
- Coverage for loss of use and additional living expenses if the space was rented out, excluding utility fees.
- Additional coverages for money spent on reasonable repairs, damage to trees and shrubbery, collapse, debris removal, fire department changes, etc.